Create a Lifestyle Around Love & Money: Books With Couples In Mind
When it comes to marriage, handling money and thinking about where you can start is quite taxing and mainly, overwhelming. If you are looking for a book which will help you out in the domain of handling personal finances, a list should be within your reach at all time just in case you walk into any bookstore; there will be hundreds of books present. You need to have a list before you even walk into a bookstore and find a book on personal finances.
So, if you are a couple looking for books on personal finances, well, here is a list of the top 5 recommended financial books-
· Financial Intimacy: How to Create a Healthy Relationship with Your Money and Your Mate – Written by financial coach Jacquette Timmons, the book is aimed at helping couples communicate more efficiently regarding their finances. The author explains financial intimacy as handling money’s emotional influence on the romantic relationship between couples. The book demonstrates the ways in which financial intimacy is built, and it also reduces the strain of money issues.
· First Comes Love, Then Comes Money: A Couple’s Guide to Financial Communication – Composed by the Palmer siblings, the books debate the various hot topics like discovering the investor’s personality, fighting over money and financial infidelity. Various tips are provided regarding how money can improve and how couples can work together so that they can handle household finances.
· Get Financially Naked: How To Talk Money with Your Honey – Sharon Kedar, and Manisha Thakor explains the various ways in which women and their spouses can bring up the topics related to money with their partners. Additionally, the book provides tips on maintaining financial plans, saving for future goals and investing wisely.
· I Can’t Afford to Marry You: A Guide to Understanding the True Cost of Love – Marilyn Logan explains all the things you should know about finances and romance before wedlock. Additionally, she also states her personal experiences she had as a young woman. She urges the reader to learn from her mistakes and explains the ways in which a person can settle her finances before he/she says ‘I do.'
· Smart Couples Finish Rich: 9 Steps to Creating a Rich Future for You and Your Partner – David Bach educates couples, in which they can plan their finances together so that they can successfully attain their objectives like retirement or even purchase a home.
As a couple, you can benefit immensely from personal finance books and can lead a future which is financially secure. Also here are a few other tips of advice:
· Set up a budget by sitting down together and listing all of your bills along with any weekly expenses.
· Credit cards, while an excellent way to cover unforeseen expenses, can create a life full of unwanted debt, so avoid using a credit card as a habit. Instead, establish one card that will stay tucked away in your wallet, to be used only if necessary.
· A savings account should be high on your list. Your nest egg can be used to buy a house, start a family or save for large purchases. This savings account will also prevent you from using credit cards in times of need.
· Use only cash for purchases. I cannot stress this enough. Starting your life together by using cash for your purchases will do two big things for you.
Cozette M. White, acclaimed author, financial analyst and tax strategist, speaker and philanthropic. Not to mention, she is the Founder and CEO of My Financial Home Enterprises, a financial management firm helping entrepreneurs and organizations develop solutions that fuel business growth and transform products into accelerating profits. Cozette has been coined “The Money Coach” as a result of her unparalleled ability to empower not only people but businesses also, to learn to ditch the debt and develop a plan to create the kind of wealth that leaves a secure financial legacy. She takes negative money stories and transforms them from limited beliefs to the sky’s the limit!
Learn more about Cozette via her website at http://www.MyFinancialHome.com and follow her on most social media platforms @cozettemwhite.